A cohesive brand identity can bring numerous benefits to a business, including:
- Recognition: They say that it takes 11 touchpoints for a brand's name or products to remembered by a potential customer. The advantage of maintaining a strong brand generates consistency and nurtures your tribe, getting them comfortable with your brand.
- Increased customer loyalty: After a positive experience, your tribe are more likely to become loyal to you. Seeing your logo or your content on socials will lift their spirits.
- Increased perceived value: Think about a brand you value highly, let's use Daylesford Organic as an example...I think of fantastic materials, sustainability goals, regeneration, organised isles, farm shop, cashmere, delicious juices, health, countryside, nutritious treats, wellness and the lifestyle I aspire to have. To me Daylesford Organic is the dream. I love eating there, walking around the farm, going to their fairs and I keep meaning to go to the Spa. Their brand identity and communications are solid and engaging because they are (in my opinion) a mission driven enterprise. Daylesford Organics' campaigns speak effortlessly and directly to their target market. This kind of strong brand identity can help businesses like yours create a perception of value and quality in the minds of your tribe, they will want to return time and time again to refill their Keep-Cup. In turn, this tends to lead to your tribe being willing to pay more for products or services from your brand. You are playing the long game if you are playing on this field.
- Differentiation from competitors: A unique and well-defined brand identity can help a business stand out from its competitors and differentiate itself in the market. Differentiate or die as Jack Trout says. 'Our brains are hardwired to notice what is different.' Differentiation is the space where you get to establish a unique market position to increase profit margins and avoid commoditisation, which is a result of positioning.
- Consistency across channels: With a cohesive brand identity, your businesses can ensure that your messaging and visual branding is consistent across all channels, including your website, social media, advertising, and your packaging too. I learnt about this whilst running the EU office for Madeline Weinrib in London. MW was a master in the art of applying branding to customer experience in a digital ecosystem. We were informed to keep all comms aligned with the brand guidelines,. From the notecards we used, to the tone of voice written and even down to the colour of the pens we used to write a note to our customers. Keep your vibe consistent and your tribe find it easier to recognise your brand.
- Improved marketing efforts: Along with consistency your brand identity will make marketing efforts more effective and efficient. Applying a consistent tone of voice means your messaging and visuals get heard by the right audience, which makes for a greater impact.
Overall, a cohesive brand identity is crucial for your business to establish a strong presence in your digital ecosystem and create a positive and memorable experience for yout tribe. If this is something you want to work on get in touch. We work with a highly creative and strategically minded partner who creates bespoke brand identities. If your identity needs some love get in touch. I offer a complimentary 30 minute discovery call. Let's go over your vision, where you are stuck and decide on the right service for you.